Tuesday, August 2, 2011

For the Love of Trains!

Aaden loves trains. He talks about them, plays with them, reads about them and probably dreams about them. Last week I decided we should take a trip down to Portland just the two of us (one last time before baby comes). I hate driving and the Everett to Portland trip seems to get longer every time. My solution = take the train! Turns out that mid-week it is relatively inexpensive and a lot more fun!

Kristofer dropped Aaden and I off at the Everett Station Tuesday morning and by mid-afternoon we were in Portland. Happy, fed and not so tired. Plus, Nana and Papa were there to meet us!

We had a great week spending days playing trains at Nana and Papa's, visiting great-grandparents and friends and enjoying the sun. A highlight for Aaden was sleeping in his very own cot/sleeping bag like a big boy. A highlight for me was spending quality time with my parents and some R&R.

Friday, my folks drove us back home and spent the weekend with us. So all, in all...a great week!

Here are a few pictures from the train (I took NONE in Portland, that's how relaxed I was!?)


 Aaden was perfect on the train. Mostly looked at Where's Waldo books, sang songs, played trains, ate lunch and chatted with the nice teacher ladies sitting around us.
 As we arrived in Portland we went over to the "view" side of the train to check out the passing scenery. 
One happy train riding boy!


3 comments:

  1. I've done that train ride a few times and it is such a nice trip. Not too long, and very scenic most of the way. I bet Aaden loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Tate loves, loves trains too--what a fun thing for Aaden! Glad you got some R&R!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to have you visit us by train. Aaden loved singing, "Let's Go Fly a Kite in the train station upon arrival and listen to his voice echo. :)

    ReplyDelete