Monday, February 11, 2013
Trying to enjoy the little things...
After a whirlwind clean up of my upstairs, I had just finished making the bed and headed off in another direction. I heard the boys giggling together (a rarity) and came to find them in the pile of pillows on my bed. I normally don't allow shenanigans on my bed, something about having a clean room keeps me happy. But, I've been praying for my boys to become better friends, find joy in one another and learn to share. So, I knew this was God's way of telling me to let some of the little things go today, because joy can be found in the silliness of an unkempt bed.
...of course this did end with the littlest one being tossed from the bed and whacking his head on the nightstand. You win some you loose some!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

If it gives you any hope, my girls fought constantly when Evie was 12-18 months. It was really, really frustrating. It was the one parenting challenge that really scared me -- I tried everything but nothing helped, all they did was fight. I felt like a referee all day long. And then Evie hit about 20 months, and all of a sudden they were the best of friends. Looking back, I realize the transition of Evie going from a baby to a toddler was really hard for Clara. And Evie wasn't old enough to know how to play with her sister until she got close to 2. They still fight plenty, but they also play together so well. There's hope!
ReplyDelete